Thursday, May 9, 2013

          My initial plan was to take a time lapse of the fruit fly's courtship ritual. I came into the lab each morning at about nine for a week isolating the females from the males. I would recheck up on them between classes and make sure to remove any new flies from the vial that had the pupa in it into separate containers.  However when I put them back together they wouldn't mate. I think maybe I accidentally wrongly identified a male as a female and he contaminated my entire bottle of females. Anyway after that plan fell through I took this video of a larvae eating.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gT1VqD7PyM&list=HL1368130479
 Again I ran into problems with this video as you can see it it only one second long on youtube. I do no know how to fix this problem but the actual video is much longer. Thanks for watching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment